- Add a fabric-covered room divider to any room of your house to separate different areas within a room, provide privacy, and add yet another splash of color and/or texture to the space!
- Place multiple throws over the backs of sofas, chairs, long horizontal tables, coffee tables, and beds.
- Cover the inside of a bookshelf with fabric that coordinates with the room.
- Decoupage fabric to the slats and seat of an old rocking chair. You can decoupage fabric following the same steps as when decoupaging paper.
- Add a bountiful splash of pillows to any area in your room — sofas, chairs, tables, mantels, or on chests, shelves, or small stools. Select your favorite fabrics in your color scheme and add trims or baubles to them.
- Make fabric rosettes to add to window treatments, pillows, or lampshades.
- Cover a plain or unattractive table – or even a bathroom sink – with a floor-length table skirt. For added dimension, make the table skirt out of two or three coordinating fabrics, each draped at different lengths.
- Cover a lampshade with a coordinating fabric as a great room accessory.
- Coordinate a small piece of fabric with fabric used on a large furniture piece, or in a rug, as demonstrated in the two photos on the right. Place the small piece underneath a vase or other decorative accessory for an instant cohesive design!
From Fun to Fancy: Great Ways to Use Fabrics! (2)November 9th, 2012 by Lily Leave a reply »