Now that you’ve gotten an idea of the fabrics that are most suited to your needs, we’ll discuss the ways that you can use fabrics in your home. You already know about upholstery, window treatments, tablecloths, and bed linens…so here are a few more ideas to keep in mind as you select fabrics for your fantastic room!
- Make slipcovers for furniture items you aren’t reupholstering. Think beyond sofas and easy chairs, and consider slipcovering unexpected items, like formal dining room chairs or the headboard in your bedroom!
- Add a colorful dust ruffle to peek underneath your bedding. Choose a brightly-colored luxurious fabric for extra impact.
- Cover several picture frames with fabric for accessories that utilize small amounts of your favorite fabrics. To make the fabric stand out more, hang or place the frames next to one another.
- Use fabric to make a mantel scarf to make your fireplace a colorful focal point in your room.
- Cover shoe boxes, cigar boxes, and wooden crates with fabric to create storage options that are not only practical, but lovely tie-ins to the decor of a room.
- Fabrics can be used as unifying agents in any room…pulling in colors from the wall and floors to make a cohesive color scheme. Believe it or not, you can use your bathroom towels as unifying “fabric” agents, to! This bathroomis a fabulous study of patterns in action; the shower curtain, wallpaper, and tile all descend from the same color scheme, while the bath towels serve as accent fabrics to tie all the colors together!