Art can be anything!!!
Not everyone will agree with this, which is fine. But we’re here to tell you that art does not have to be expensive or hooty-tooty. It can be whatever you want it to be. Here are a few ideas to get you rolling…
- Hang fancy placemats or small rugs on your wall as artwork.
- Show off antique or costume jewelry in an aged frame.
- Hang framed items in unexpected places – on a wall in a closet, on the back of a chair, under the bathroom sink!
- Dress old busts or mannequins from a flea market with scarves…or paint directly on the bodice!
- The artwork pictured on the right was created by a professional artist. But you can create the look — just glue torn up construction paper or pieces of felt to a piece of posterboard, and then frame. You’ve got art!
Lighting is one of the most important factors for creating the desired effect in a room. Lighting can be used to create mood, make tasks comfortable and convenient, showcase art and other focal points, and enhance the colors, patterns, and textures in your room.
We’ve assembled a comprehensive list of effective ways to use home lighting at Home-Decorating-Made-Easy.com. This Web page defines the different types of lighting, and when and where each is the most appropriate. We also offer room-by-room tips for using lighting to your best advantage.
Beyond it’s illuminating purpose, lamps and lighting fixtures can serve as very exciting decorative accents…they can be wonderful artistic elements, that just happen to also bring essential light into the room. Now, isn’t that convenient?